Get involved early. Watch what the legislative workgroup is watching.
- go to the website, www.namicalifornia.org
- see current and past NAMI CAN! alerts – in the middle of the website Home page, at the top;
- see the Legislation page – scroll down the page titles on the left side of the Home page;
- for the bills, click on the Bill List tab; the entire bill or its history or its status – click on the highlighted bill number, e.g. AB 39;
- a bill that is not on NAMI California’s list – go to www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html
You may also follow a bill yourself by going to the bottom right corner of that screen and clicking on Subscription List. Just fill in the requested information and you will receive an e-mail every time the bill’s status changes.
For other questions about the advocacy process, contact email@example.com
NAMI California Advocacy Network
1010 Hurley Way, Suite 195
Sacramento, CA, 95811